Welcome to this wonderful Maths puzzles website.
My name is T. R. Jothilingam. I worked as a Station Superintendent in Southern Railways, in Kudal Nagar, Madurai, in South India. I retired from Railways in November 2013. I am a graduate in Mathematics in 1974.
From my earlier days, I was curios about numbers. I began to collect Magic squares some 15 years back, and started extending the concepts further from where I picked up. I have worked on a variety of novel puzzles including the Magic square inside a magic square, Biography magic squares, Encrypted Sudokus, Diamond Inlaid Magic squares, World’s biggest sudoku with 1,60,000 squares etc. I am conducting 2-4 hours session in Schools and Colleges on “FUN MATHS AND MIND GAMES”. So far I have conducted my programs in 160 schools and colleges,throughout India. Also I am conducting my own Maths Exhibition with around 130 Puzzles (85 A-3 size exhibits, around 30 A-4 exhibits and around 15 big exhibits (10 feet by 6 feet). Now I am working on pushing the concepts/ boundaries and setting Guinness World Records in the following fields:
- Magic squares from 3 x 3 upto any highest number one can imagine. (Additionally, I have also found out around 200 different ways of forming 6×6 Magic squares)
- Magic squares inside the magic square (5 x 5 upto 100 x 100 and programmed upto 1500 x 1500)
- World’s biggest Sudokus. Normally Sudokus are of size 9 x 9, having a total of 81 numbers. I have done a Sudoku with 400 x 400 (total 1,60,000 squares) which is the World’s biggest Sudoku. My Sudokus have additional properties in them.
- Multiplication using Hand fingers (in a set of 6-10,11-15, 16-20… 91-95, 96-100) and above. Also there are three different methods of multiplication using hand fingers.
- I can be able to multiply 75×75 in more than 10 different ways.
- There are many types of enthrilling special Magic Squares and some are compiled here for you. Hope you enjoy them!
I have two sons. My elder son, Dr. Ramnath Babu T J, has finished his B.Tech. (Mech.) at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchy, in Tamilnadu, India. He then completed his Direct Ph.D. in the department of Mechanical Engg., at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He has Co-founded BendFlex R & D, a medical devices company with expertise in compliant-mechanism based design, based in Bengaluru.
My second son, Raghunath Babu T J completed his B.E. (E.E.E) at College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. He then worked for BHEL, Bangalore. He pursued his MBA at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA). After a short stint at Axis Bank, he Co-founded BendFlex. He is currently working for Myntra.
My sons have helped me by convert all my ideas into computer programs that has helped me to reduce my computation time dramatically.
And all of this would not have been possible without the support of my wife Kokila, who has been a constant source of encouragement throughout my journey.
I hope you will find these information useful. If you have any suggestions or comments please email them to me.