Let us do magic square to the date of Birth of our Greatest Indian Mathematician Sri Srinivasa Ramanujan.
His date of Birth is 22nd Dec 1887. The following is a Date-Of-Birth Magic Square with a Magic Total 139.
[table id=magic-square-for-given-date__4x4 /]
The following is a table with variables, which we will use in the explanation
[table id=magic-square-for-given-date__4x4_using_alphabets /]
- Write the date in the top row first square, month in the second square and year in two parts in the third and fourth square.
- Add all the four numbers and write on the top of the square (139).
- Now we have to make a 4×4 magic square.
- Draw a empty 4×4 square and replace 22 by A, 12 by B, 19 by C and 87 by D.
- Now we know A,B,C and D. Rest of the values we have to find out.
- Count all numbers in the total 1+3+9=13. Then 1+3=4. (add all numbers and make it a single digit. Write this in the H square
- Now add B+C ( 12 + 18 =30). Divide 30 into two parts. i.e 14 and 16. Write 14 in W square and 16 in the Z square
- By using the properties of Magic square, i.e all vertical, Horizontal and both Diagonal totals are equal, we are going to solve this Magic Square.
- In the Fourth vertical column, we know the values of D,H,Z. we have to find Out the value of S. Hence S = 139 – (D+H+Z) = 139 — ( 87+4+16) = 139 – 107 = 32. This is the value of S. Write 32 in the S square
- Now in Diagonals, we know the value of A and Z . Hence the value of G+Q = 139 – (22 + 16) = 139-38= 101. Divide it into two parts 50 and 51 and write it in the F and R squares. F = 50 and R = 51.
- In another diagonal, we know the value of D and W . Hence the value of G+Q = 139 – (87 + 14) = 139-101= 38. Divide it into two parts 17 and 21 and write it in the F and R squares. G = 17 and Q = 21.
- In the second row, we know the value of E,G,H. Hence value of E=139-(E+G+H)= 139 –( 50+17+4)= 139 – 71 = 68. Write 68 in E.
- In the third row, we know the value of Q,R,S. Hence value of P=139-(Q+R+S)= 139 –(21+51+32)= 139 – 104 = 35. Write 35 in P.
- Now in the second vertical column, we know the values of B,F,Q. Hence value of X = 139 – (12+50+21) = 139- 83 = 56. Write 56 in X
- Now in the third vertical column, we know the values of C,G,R. Hence value of X = 139 – (18+17+51) = 139- 86 = 53. Write 53 in Y
- Now add the values of W,X,Y and Z. If you get 139 is the total,
Hurray!!! MAGIC SQUARE FOR 22-12-1887 IS READY
Enjoy Magic square for your date of Birth!!!